The Association for Group and Indivdual Psychotherapy, AGIP, was established in 1974 to offer psychotherapy and training services.
- is a charity that is governed by its members through AGIP Council and a number of committees.
- operates from a large house (owned by a sister charity, the Lady Balogh Psychotherapy Trust) in Archway which has 10 consulting rooms (available for hire), library, teaching rooms and an office.
- is committed to a pluralist, psychoanalytic approach to training.
- was instrumental in the formation of the UKCP and a founding organisation of the British Journal of Psychotherapy.
- has an active CPD and Film Club programme, both being open to non-AGIP members.
- is able to accept into membership suitably qualified psychoanalytical psychotherapists or analytical psychologists.
- operates a full and low fee psychotherapy referral service.